The Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT) has begun planning its 2021 Logistics & Intermodal Conference, announcing today the formation of a content committee comprising senior-level executives from all sectors of the transportation and logistics industries.
The committee includes experts from freight forwarding, industrial real estate, and major ocean carriers and shippers—offering a combined 160-plus years of industry experience. The committee will help shape and influence the agenda topics for the biennial event that will be held in April 2021 in Northeast Florida.
Committee Members include:
- Charles Cunnion, Vice President Global Transportation, International Forest Products LLC
- Charles Franklin, Sr. National Manager Sales, GLOVIS America, Inc.
- Jackie Gonsalez, Vice President Supply Chain Business Development, Crowley
- Ken O’Brien, Chief Operating Officer, Gemini Shippers Group
- Maria Bodnar, Sr. Director Sales, North America, Ocean Network Express (North America) Inc.
- Mike Bifulco, President & CEO, AV Logistics
- Scott Weiss, Vice President Business Development, Port Logistics Group
- Tyler Newman, Senior Director, Cushman & Wakefield
“This dynamic group of industry professionals will set the tone for the reimagined JAXPORT Conference,” said Robert Peek, JAXPORT Director & General Manager of Sales and Marketing. “The 2021 event will feature an all-new schedule incorporating a variety of presentation formats—all designed to spark conversation and innovative thinking among our attendees.”
In response to feedback from 2019 JAXPORT Conference attendees, the new agenda offers content on two days, adds breakout sessions for a deeper dive into specialty topics and incorporates an activity specifically designed for young professionals.
“As our team begins planning the event, we remain focused on the safety of our port partners, customers and industry colleagues,” said JAXPORT CEO Eric Green. “We are working closely with our vendors to ensure the event follows all necessary protocols for large gatherings, and look forward to safely bringing our industry’s decision makers back to Jacksonville for another successful event.”
The JAXPORT Logistics & Intermodal Conference, held every other year since 2009, offers registrants the chance to network with transportation and logistics decision-makers from across North America and participate in discussions about industry challenges and solutions. The 2019 event sold out, attracting more than 400 industry professionals.
JAXPORT will announce the date and venue for the event in July.
Sea News, June 25