CMA CGM has launched CMA CGM eSolutions – a new range of features to digitalise the customer experience.
The French carrier said this “digital eco-system” comprises an online agency and other e-commerce channels such as electronic data interchanges and application programming interfaces, which allow relevant information and data to be transmitted digitally between CMA CGM and its customers.
A large majority of the CMA CGM Group’s bookings are made via its eCommerce solutions, among which half are made through the group’s web platform. A statement added “With CMA CGM eSolutions, customers will have the possibility to experience a 100% digital journey when they choose CMA CGM to transport their goods.”
CMA CGM said that new features are currently available at regional or global level and will be gradually rolled out on the different platforms of the Group’s brands:
- ePricing: customer’s real-time access to his/her rates and instant spot quotation.
- eBooking: booking recast from five steps to one step for a simplified, more intuitive and autocomplete booking.
- eBill of lading: fully digital bill of lading.
- eTracking: visualisation of customer’s cargo position at sea on a map with updated time of arrival.
- ePayment: freight invoice online payment.
- eCharges: live cost estimation.
More features will be launched in the coming months:
- An offering of value-added services such as insurance products.
- New features on a mobile application.
- Enhancements and constant updating of existing features.
As part of its eSolutions, CMA CGM will now offer priority boarding to customers using its digital platform, allowing them to secure space on board. First offered by CMA CGM from India to Europe, priority boarding will be gradually offered to other countries and carriers within the CMA CGM Group.
CMA CGM noted the benefits “With a secured space on board for their container, customers will be able to plan more efficiently their supply chain thus enhancing their business and efficiency towards their own customers.