IMO has announced further meeting postponements, in the light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- the 7th session of the Sub-Committee on Human Element Training and Watchkeeping (HTW) scheduled to take place from 1 to 5 June 2020;
- the 70th session of the Technical Cooperation Committee (TC), scheduled to take place from 15 to 18 June 2020.
The postponements are in addition to those already announced previously, namely:
- the 44th session of the Facilitation Committee (FAL), scheduled to take place from 20 to 24 April;
- the 102nd session of the Maritime Safety Committee (MSC), scheduled to take place from 13 to 22 May.
- the 2nd meeting of the IMO Expert Group on Data Harmonization (IMO EG EGDH)), scheduled to take place from 27 April to 1 May;
- the port symposium “A Holistic approach to standards for port operational data in maritime supply chains”, scheduled to take place on 30 April.
- the 7th meeting of the Intersessional Working Group on Reduction of GHG Emissions from Ships, scheduled to take place from 23 to 27 March 2020;
- the 33rd meeting of the E&T Group (IMSBC), scheduled to take place from 23 to 27 March 2020;
- the 75th session of the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), scheduled to take place from 30 March to 3 April 2020.
- the meeting of the Scientific Group of the London Convention and London Protocol scheduled to take place from 9 to 13 March 2020; and
- the 107th session of the Legal Committee, scheduled to take place from 16 to 20 March 2020.
IMO Member States have been advised by circular letter and email, to diplomatic contact points.
The IMO Secretariat will continue to monitor all developments related to COVID-19 and following advice provided by the World Health Organization and the host Government. Rescheduling of the meetings listed above will be announced in good time for delegates to make appropriate arrangements. Further updates about upcoming meetings will be provided in due course.
Sea News, April 3